Saturday, March 24, 2012

Micro-Morels

The morels in my yard popped up, this morning! (3-24-12) They are a full 3 weeks ahead of schedule for this location. Over the last 5 years my asparagus and morels have emerged on the same day. the morels are always up first. I will check the asparagus a little later this afternoon; nothing yet.

I had singing Pine Warblers this morning, too. I normally do not see them here until around April 5. The serviceberry bushes are blooming now , also. They too are also a little early this year. I have yet to see a hummingbird show up, but it will probably be any day, now. Hummingbirds, morels and asparagus are normally real close. The toads are singing and the catbirds will be next.



Posted by High Virginia Outdoors (c) All Rights Reserved 2012.

1 comment:

  1. That's is very early! I will be looking earlier than usual also here for them, as we've had an unusually warm winter and spring. Everything is early here - crazy early. I'm worried about our fruit and berries for the year. I think the blossoms will be out and then we'll get a hard freeze : (

    ReplyDelete