Monday, February 16, 2015

Oddities

The "Oregon"Dark-eyed Junco has returned to my yard today (2/16/15)!! I saw it on February 10, 2015 and got a few photos through the window. I actually had to stand in a wooden chair to get the window shots from above the screen & steam. Of course the chair broke while I was standing and contorting. I have looked for this bird everyday since then but could not find it.
Today it showed up at about 1 pm in what sandy left of my Spicebush. It flew down on the ground in front of the window and I went after the camera. The pigeons then flew in and scared everything off. I can still see the junco up on the hill about 40 yards away, but it is snowing too hard for any photographic attempts. I spent a lot of time looking for this bird over the past week when the sun was out. for now, I guess I'll have to be happy with my window shots.


(c) High Virginia Outdoors  Photos (c) High Virginia Images ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

No comments:

Post a Comment