Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Music Review/Jamey Johnson-Good Stuff

I spend alot of time on the road and can barely stand to listen to the radio. Senseless dribble and sugar pop country music are not appealing. Classic rock; I've heard it all, a thousand times. It seems to me that music died as we entered the 80's. During the last few decades there have been a few bright spots; very few.

I was living in Alabama in 1990; one day, I heard the tail-end of a song on 92.3 Montgomery. It took me a few more weeks to find out who it was singing "Put Some Drive In Your Country", I then bacame a fan of Travis Tritt. Mary Stuart soon followed on my short list of favorites. "This One's Gonna Hurt You" is one of my all-time favorites. I always eagerly anticipated Travis and Marty's newest releases. Until; I happened to see a video of Travis Tritt doing a song about travelling from Johnson City, TN to Richmond and they showed he and some pretty girl driving through the desert among many cacti. That was Travis' end for me.

For me, it has been pretty much a whole lot of WAYLON, with a few others thrown in. I heard "The Dollar" a few years ago and the voice caught my attention. I heard "In Color" on the radio one day and the voice caught my ear again. I bought "The Dollar" and "That Lonesome Song". I normally purchase about 2 CD's per year. "The Dollar" is good, but "That Lonesome Song" is outstanding. I have become a Jamey Johnson fan.

Most of the music that I enjoy, was available on eight-tracks. So, I usually don't get excited about the new stuff. I am eagerly awaiting the release of Jamey Johnson's "The Guitar Song" on September 14th, 2010. I'm sure that you and I will not be disappointed with this double cd. Did I mention that Jamey's cds are not the usual 30 minute rip-offs, there is some substance to them.

Do your ears a favor and get "The Guitar Song" now. You can pre-order from this page. If you like real-quality country music, you can find it, with this selection. Enjoy.




That Lonesome Song                   

Dollar

This One's Gonna Hurt You


Ghost Train (The Studio B Sessions)
Live at the Ryman

No comments:

Post a Comment