Saturday, November 20, 2010

How's You Day Going ?

I hate the two nights preceding the full moon.  I cannot sleep at all.  The night of the full moon is probably my best sleeping night of the month.  That is why I am worried about Monday morning.  The opening day of the West Virginia firearms deer season is on Monday and I'll probably oversleep.  Last night, I went to sleep at 10:30 and was wide awake at 12:45.  I messed around and renamed photo files, until I got bored with that.

Might as well go and try to find that elusive Thanksgiving gobbler.  So I take a shower and it is still 2 hours too early to head out.  Not a thing on TV.  There is a Craftman Truck race repeat, but of course I watched the end of that race, before I went to bed.  I already know what happened.  Goober head won and nobody cares anyway.  I'm not in the mood to walk around in Wal-Mart and watch the early morning dopers try to steal something.  Turn the computer back on, of course nothing is happening.  Why aren't you people on Facebook at 4 am?

Just as well head to the mountain; maybe I can get a nap in before daylight.  So I am backing into a grassy area on the side of the road and I am suddenly looking straight up at my front tires.  after somehow managing to get out of the truck: not an easy uphill battle.  I just shake my head and go on turkey hunting.  At about 7, I happen to walk underneath a trio of gobblers and I can see them sail for about a mile and go across the river.  Mess around and look for some deer sign for awhile.  Head the 1.5 miles back to the stranded truck and call a wrecker.  Fifty dollars later, it is noon and I'm back home.. Wonder how tonight will be?

No comments:

Post a Comment