Sunday, October 26, 2014

Breakfast Oysters

Oyster Mushrooms
The year 2014 turned out to be a pretty good mushroom year for me. Actually, it was a good September and October after a very dismal start. WV had an antlerless deer season on private land from Thursday until Saturday. I was able to go for a few hours each day; morning and evening. I saw plenty of bucks, several turkeys and a bear; but no does.

Saturday evening I headed out for the last round and hadn't walked more than 50 yards from my truck; there they were on a poplar stump. The first Oyster Mushrooms I have found in 2 years!! I was satisfied with the find for the day; but about 20 minutes later I had venison to drag. It turned out to be a pretty productive hour.
That is the reason you have to keep on going; you never know when something good will happen. One thing that is for sure; you will not get anything if you are not out there. Oyster Mushrooms by their-selves are hard to beat but when you add fresh tenderloin; it makes a mighty fine Sunday morning breakfast.

(c)2014 High Virginia Outdoors Photos (c) High Virginia Images All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment