Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Too Small & Too Old

Lion's Mane
The first part of my Tucker County mushroom search didn't go very well today. I did see one white spot on a tree that showed promise. The closer I got to it; the smaller it seemed. Yep, a Lion's Mane one of my fall favorites. I haven't picked one for several years. Don't let my photo fool you, this one isn't much more than thumb-sized. Oh.well.

I was able to find a really nice clump of Chicken of the Woods. They would have been a very nice find; last week. Yep, too old.

I traveled on and searched a location that has never failed me in October while the Shaggy Manes are up. Today it failed me.

Things got a lot better, later on. Never give up.


Chicken of the Woods


(c) 2014 High Virginia Outdoors All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment