Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Bird Houses Ready ?

Are you a procrastinator?  I tend to be with some things; especially taxes.  But, I'm proud to say that my bird houses are ready for occupation.  I actually had them cleaned out and suitable for winter roosting late last fall.  The February and March winds, combined with the heavy, wet snow took one to the ground.  I just came in from putting it back up and stabilized.  I use a combination of turnbuckles and wire to keep them erect and usable.  They are on PVC pipe; which I have found to be a reliable cat deterrent.  This particular bird house is normally used by tree swallows (shown in photo), after the swallows leave in June there is usually a nest of house wrens to follow.  The houses are up, clean and ready for action.  So; if you haven't already prepared for your nesting friends, now is the time to do it.  A pair of bluebirds are checking out on of mine; as I write this.
Birdhouses You Can Build in a Day (Popular Woodworking)

1 comment:

  1. Oh,yah, that's right - it's getting to be that time of year again! Thanks for the reminder, Randy!

    What an oh-so-sweet picture!

    ReplyDelete