Saturday, March 5, 2011

Decisions, Decisions

I was laying in bed this morning at 4:30; trying to talk myself into going fishing for the first time this year.  It is sad when you are laying there and figuring on how many gallons of gas it will take.  I knew that this morning was going to be the only time that the water levels would be down and in good fishing condition; with the next monsoon on the way.

My biggest problem is that I don't like to fish anywhere close to home.  The nearest stream that I find tolerable is 45 minutes away; therefore I have an hour and a half of driving time, just to fish for a couple of hours.  It just doesn't make good sense.  I really wanted to go; but I sure didn't want to go to Bowden or Glady and sure didn't want to fish the Middle Fork at Ellamore. Then it happened; I heard a piece of someone's metal roof blow down the road.  The deal was sealed; I went back to sleep.  It turned out to be one of those good decisions.  We had sustained winds of twenty-thirty mph all morning.  That would have resulted in wasted money, wasted gas and wasted time.  I'm getting to old to waste any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment